New research out of the University of Chicago looked at the views of Americans on some of the biggest conspiracies of the modern era, such as those involving 9/11, the Iraq War and the 2008 financial crisis, and found that over half of Americans believed at least one. With data drawn from four nationwide surveys conducted between 2006 and 2011, here's what was found (believe it or not):
1. Twenty-four percent believe President Obama wasn't born in the US.
2. Nineteen percent believe 9/11 was an "inside job."
3. Twenty-five percent believe bankers intentionally caused the crash.
4. Twenty percent believe that vaccines cause autism, and the government knows it.
5. Thirty-seven percent believe the government is suppressing natural medicines.
6. Ten percent believe that fluorescent bulbs are the government's way of obtaining obedience.
Want more stories like this?
Try our Daily Email for a regular dose of the issues you care about!