Maya Angelou, the author, poet and civil rights activist, has died at 86. Here are some of her most inspiring quotes:1. "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
2. "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them."
3. "Nothing can dim the light which shines from within."
4. "We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated."
5. "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
6. "Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible."
7. "I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back."
8. "It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength."
9. "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
10. "I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it."