Admit it. If you're a politics junkie, you get a visceral pleasure from certain kinds of campaign moment – whether it's seeing your own team score points, or the other side score an own goal.
We've rounded up some of our favorites below. But we'd like to know - which was your favorite campaign moment during election 2012?For Republicans:
1. Clint Eastwood's empty chair riff. A classic in political theater.
2. "If you had a business, you didn't build that." It really doesn't get much better than Obama confirming his alleged socialism in a public speech. He later explained, "I didn't say that" - his faulty grammar merely made it sound that way.
3. "College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters." The biggest laugh line from Paul Ryan's one-liner-packed RNC speech.For the Democrats:
1. "#Romneyshambles." Romney's gaffes in Britain inspired a raging Twitter trend – and brought delight to the heart of many a Democrat.
2. "Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years." Many Dems publicly deplored Harry Reid's "irresponsible" remarks, while privately relishing them.
4. "By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon." Promising the moon = vintage Gingrich.
1. Ron Paul's farewell. His speech on the House floor was a sad moment but classic Paul.
2. Marijuana. It became entirely legal in two states.