The brothers were born in Chechnya and have lived in the US since 2002. "We believe these are the same individuals that were responsible for the bombing on Monday at the Boston Marathon," said Col. Timothy P. Alben of the Massachusetts State Police.
Update, 11:30am PST: Older brother Tamerlan had a wife and daughter in Canada, his aunt reveals.
Update, 9am PST: The motive for the bombing, according to the suspects' uncle: "What I think was behind it being losers, not being able to settle themselves." He told Dzokhar to turn himself in.
Update, 8:50am PST: Chechnya's president: "You must look for the roots of their evil in America."
Update, 8:40am PST: "If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame," the Tsarnaev brothers' father told ABC. He warned that if his second son is killed "all hell will break loose."
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, aka "the One in the White Hat," Still At Large
* 19 years old
* "My son is a true angel," the suspects' father Anzor Tsarnaev told the Associated Press. "Dzhokhar is such an intelligent boy. We expected him to come on holidays here." He was a second-year medical student in the US, his father added.
* Describes his worldview as "Islam" and lists a verse from the Koran, "Do good, because Allah loves those who do good" on Vkontakte, the Russian equivalent of Facebook
* Under the heading "the main thing in life," lists "career and money" on Vkontakte
Tamerlan Tsarnaev, Shot Dead Last Night
* 26 years old.
* Lived in the US since age 5, but recently said, "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."
* Wearing explosives and a triggering device when he died, news reports say.
* Studied at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston and wanted to become an engineer.
* Fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.
* Became a legal permanent resident in 2007, NBC reports.